Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Race for a Righteous Country is Ongoing


http://burst.to/1Or

I need to re post what I posted  early on election day, because I still feel the same way:

I am happy that the Christians and Jews of our nation are coming together more. That's the best thing out of this election. Last go round, there were many that would not vote for a Mormon because of lack of understanding. This time, there is much more unity among denominations. We are going to need that in the future. Mitt Romney had already been a unifier. I hope he'll get the chance to continue.

Continued after the end of Election Day:

I think that Mitt Romney did a great job of stirring up our feelings of patriotism. Let's hang on to those. We need them. I also think that those with religious ethics and morals need to band together. We can make this country great by we the people leading from the front!

Let's take education back to real history and real moral teaching. No more liberals educating our children. We need to get involved. Let's stop supporting Hollywood's base, immoral, mindless entertainment, and look for something better. Or let's build something better. Let's read with our families, play board games, and go on outings. If gas prices are too high, let's walk with them! Let's teach them that there are absolute truths. That people should have standards. Let's teach them how to work. Let's pray with them, teach and learn with them, and play with them.

I have never been impressed with the adage that it takes a village to raise a child. It takes a family! I would no sooner trust our village with my children than throw an infant in a swimming pool. And it also takes people with moral conviction and stability. In past generations, the family, the church, and the schools may have worked together more. But I have found through years of experience that most teachers do not want parental involvement in the classroom. And most educators treat parents like they are not capable teachers of their own children. My husband has always been given respect, because he has a doctor title in front of his name. But I certainly have not been. And there are many teachers that are more concerned with breaking children than with building them up. I have seen my own children treated extremely unfairly with absolutely no due process that should be shown citizens of this country, not to mention involvement or permission from parents.

In writing the above paragraph, I apologize to you good teachers who care about your students. Unfortunately, you are no longer allowed to teach from your rich reservoir of experiences, no from your personal ethics. You have to bow to the administrators and unions above you. You also have to spend so much time trying to teach to the test, that any lasting learning is shaky at best. I would like to thank the teachers who have had a positive influence in my children's lives. God bless you. I hope you will band with the believers in righteous principles and patriots of this country to give our children something better.

I am not seeking division in writing this; I am seeking commitment. What can we do? We need to ask that and then ask that again. We need to find answers, and try them. We need to keep trying. This country has to improve. Since half the adults of the country choose wickedness, we need to help our children learn to choose righteousness. If you read this and it offends you, so be it. It's how I feel, and like Paul states, and I think that I have the Spirit of the Lord. Study your scriptures; study real history. We can learn from those of the past. We must learn from those of the past. Whether you read the Torah, the Bible, modern day scriptures like the Book of Mormon, or other writings of Holy Writ, they should be teaching you what the God and Father of us all expects from his children. Don't abandon those values.

It is sad to me to think that there are so many things that point to iniquity, and there are so many people that embrace it.  It's sad to me when people who should be fellow Christians are happy to have legalized abortion, legalized gay marriage, and legalized drugs. These are not the outcome of progress. They are the outcome of a retrograde society. It's sad to me when people think that some should have to work hard for their living and then be taxed heavily to support those who are unwilling to work. America needs to get back to work. One of the first and great commandments: "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread." (Genesis 3:19)

Fellow Judeo-Christians in California and across the Country, and all good people of faith and integrity: If you are not happy with the elections' outcome, decide what you will do about it. California is giving the country 55 electoral votes! If you are tired of the United States drinking the Kool-Aid, are you going to stop buying it? What can we do? We need to stop supporting Hollywood, the media, and the liberal agendas of public education.

We need to remember to work together and to have patience. Cain asked so long ago, "Am I my brother's keeper?" (Genesis 4:9) Yes, indeed we are. It is often said that the honest pay twice. But just think about that. That means that the Lord will multiply his blessings to us. "He that is righteous is favored of God." (1 Nephi 17:35) So, to all of you young liberals who do not currently worry about righteousness, we are voting and praying for your future, even if you are not. (But to you evil, old liberals who are leading our youth astray, be warned, you will bear the cost and the heat of the judgment day.)

I am sorely disappointed by the outcome of this election, but I am not surprised, nor am I in despair. "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid." (Bible: Psalm 27:1)

I am thankful to Governor Mitt Romney and his wife Ann. I am thankful to Paul Ryan and his wife Janna. God bless you good people. Thank you for running your campaign on righteous principles and sticking to them. Please have the courage to do so in the future. We all look to you as the great leaders of this country, even though you are not in office. We love you. Thank you for your service. You did more for our Country's morale in the past few weeks than the president did in the past four years. Thank you, Brother Romney, for your grace, your love, your dedication, and commitment to your fellow Americans. We so wanted to see you lead this country. Please stay involved. Those of us who have made covenants to Israel's God need to keep them. Thanks for doing so.

More than anything else we need to remember that Jesus Christ is our only hope.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

We need to put God first, center, and forever. We need to spend more time in pray to our Heavenly Father in Jesus's name; we need to spend more time learning His word; we need to spend more time seeking His will and serving His children. We need to put aside our personal agendas and seek to be on the Lord's side at all times, in all things, and in all places we may be.

"Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." (James 4:8)

Those who are righteous need to become God's leaven.

"The future is as bright as your faith." (President Thomas S. Monson, a Latter-day Prophet)

The next four years are going to be fantastic if  the covenant part of "We, the People" lead from the front! We can only do that by following the God and Father of us all.






No comments:

Post a Comment