Friday, June 17, 2016

Following Happily: Sheeple? Thanks for the Compliment

Sheeple? Thanks for the Compliment



plainbibleteaching.com

Do you ever feel offended when you hear someone referred to as a sheeple? When we remember whom we follow and whose we are, we should be glad to acknowledge that we follow happily and feel thankful for the compliment.

Jesus said,
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand" (John 10:27-29).
Before this Jesus so spoke to those who do not believe, who mock the believers,

        “But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I                        said unto you” (John 10:26).

In humility we should pray that those who so seek to offend will be able to be drawn into the fold. The Father loves them as well, and if they choose His Son, He will again choose them.



No comments:

Post a Comment