Saturday, October 8, 2016

Now, How Will I Vote?

8 October 2016


Last night I watched the video that surfaced, which puts Trump and his campaign in a very poor light; but, it is not so condemning as the words reported without context given. By no means can his behavior be justified as acceptable. It just is another load of crap for voters to trek through in making their decision on whom to vote for.

I am at a loss of what to do at this point; not so much just over the video, but over the reaction from Trump and from America concerning the video. First off, individuals should claim responsibility for their own actions without pointing fingers to anyone else. It’s a hard thing to do, but until we can do that America is going to remain weak. Second of all, there are those who still praise this man and brush aside his faults as if they don’t matter at all; while on the other hand, there are those who flatly condemn him without considering whether he has grown, changed, or improved. So either way, we have those who are severely lacking in judgment or those who are quick to judge severely. And this seems to be the trend in our Country over everything, from top leaders to average citizens; which probably goes to show that we are all found lacking for the most part.

I am also amazed that the citizens of the United States view their politic responsibilities pretty much in the same way that they do their preferred sports’ teams. They accept or excuse behavior solely because they have chosen a team and may all others lose and be damned. This has certainly be proven time and time again with what has been accepted during the past umpteen years and the blinders that have been put on by citizen and representatives of citizens. The lies and evil that have been perpetuated in and by our government officials are blatant, but we seem to have come to accept them as normal, and some even seem to uphold the injustice of it all.

I really tire of seeing all those who compare current situations to President Richard Nixon, saying that he was forced to resign. Because of his cover up of Watergate happenings, he chose to resign. He still wanted the best for our Country. With all the scandals we’ve seen in government since, no one has willingly left office, not even when impeached. Certainly, top officials and even the American populous should not uphold, back, or cast a vote for someone whom they know has broken the law repeatedly and has put our Country and our military at great risk, even costing lives.

When I do vote, rest assured that I will vote my conscience. That means that I will cast my vote thinking about my accountability to God and to my country as I do so. That also means that I will vote for the person whom I think is best positioned to do the most good for our Country in the next four years. And I suggest that we all allow each other the sacred right to do so without condemnation or judgment of our own superiority and their stupidity. We need to do what we can to once again make or nation The United States of America.


 I watched the video in question last night. Not at all pretty, but it was important for me to see for my own evaluation. In sharing the link, I am not promoting the reprehensible nature of the content, but trying to put into context what happened then with who Trump may or not be now.
Video

From Donald J. Trump's Page:

Here is my [Trump’s] statement.
I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me, know these words don’t reflect who I am.
I said it, it was wrong, and I apologize.
I’ve travelled the country talking about change for America. But my travels have also changed me. I’ve spent time with grieving mothers who’ve lost their children, laid off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future. I have gotten to know the great people of our country, and I’ve been humbled by the faith they’ve placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow, and will never, ever let you down.

Let’s be honest. We’re living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we are facing today. We are losing our jobs, we are less safe than we were 8 years ago and Washington is broken.
Hillary Clinton, and her kind, have run our country into the ground.
I’ve said some foolish things, but there is a big difference between words and actions. Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days.

See you at the debate on Sunday.


My Response to Trump:

Mr. Trump, it is disgusting that a grown man would talk like a middle school boy trying to impress his friends. Whether or not what you said is a reflection of what you would really do, you were willing to make a few others think so to somehow prove your manhood. It didn't work.

I was actually going to vote for you, even though you weren't the Republican candidate that I favored in the primaries. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else, I've told others, you have proven that you are willing to work with others for the good of the country; even those whom you debated strongly against in the primaries. 

Listening to your apology was sad. I agree that Bill Clinton's actions were really wrong. But using his actions to justify your own words and actions really isn't the morally responsible thing to do. 

To make America great again, we need morally good, clean, and straight citizens, who are willing to bear responsibility for their actions, including those in office who are supposed to represent us. It's too bad that you've lost the faith and trust of so many who actually believed that you wanted to make America great again. 

The America we need is not a reality TV show, nor is it the posh rich or the crass rich, which really seem to be one and the same; they just put on airs in different ways.


From Dr. Ben Carson's Page:
It is obvious that the media has decided who the winner of this election should be; but by so grossly overplaying its hand, the media has lost all credibility as a source for objective facts and surrendered its role as a neutral arbiter of political discourse.


My Response to Carson:

just wish that Trump had apologized without a comparison to someone else's wrongs. We don't need any "sorry buts(s)". The main problem with America is having citizens and leaders who are unwilling to face consequences for actions. Until we can do that, America will not be great again.

I find it sad that the populous just falls in line to defend a candidate in the same way they do a sport's team. It shows that not only are these candidates immoral, so are We the People.

The thing that seems redeemable about Trump is that he appears to be willing to work with great people like Carson and others who were past opponents. He's picked a good running mate. I thought he'd pick better judges and cabinet members. That is what was holding me to vote for him in the past. But the reality check now is that this is not a reality TV show and there is no way of telling what kind of presidency he'd have.

I am undecided again. I don't want Hillary as president ever, but I also want a clear conscience before God concerning my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment