Sunday, January 3, 2010

"This is My Work an dMy Glory" 1

Moses 1 (The Pearl of Great Price)

The Lord talked to Moses face to face, and He called Moses "my son." Moses learned that he was created in the image of the Only Begotten. He learned that God has created worlds without number. He learned that God is a God of glory and that Satan doesn't have glory. So although Satan has power to tempt, if we are faithful, God will deliver us. Moses learned that God's purpose is to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man.

What does this all mean to me? Not only is Moses a son of God; I am a daughter of God. I am created in His image. Even though there are billions of people that have been assigned to this world, and even though there are worlds made by God that man cannot number, I am important to my Heavenly Father. He loves me. He loves all of us so much that He provided His Only Begotten Son so that we do not have to perish, but if we believe on Him we can return to Him. Because of Jesus's sacrifice, if I am repentant and keep my covenants, if I serve in my callings and assignments to the best of my ability, then He will make me equal to Him. Yes, I do stand all amazed and in awe I wonder. You and I are not insignificant, but we are part of our Father's plan, and it is His good pleasure to offer us Eternal Life.

Satan referred to Moses as "son of man." He wanted to devalue Moses's sonship to God. He wanted to persuade Moses to leave the path that will lead us back to Father. Many times Moses told Satan to depart. Then he commanded Satan to depart in the name of the Only Begotten.

Satan seeks to tell us that we are not important. He seeks to break our link to our heavenly Parentage. He would like us to believe that we are only dust, that we do not have spirits that resided in a heavenly sphere before we were born to our earthly parents. He wants us to lose hope of our glorious future as children of the God. He knows that if he can demean us that we may lose our footing. We have the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and we have physical bodies. We were created in the image of God. As we seek our Heavenly Father's help, as we hold to the rod and ingnore the lies and temptations of Satan, as we seek to do Heavenly Father's will, we will be blessed with the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and Satan will have no power over us. We should never accept the lie that we are beyond our Savior's reach, for no matter what our sins or shortcomings are, the Savior through His atonement has power to stretch forth His hands and save us. We are not alone.

Old Testament: Lesson One

No comments:

Post a Comment